Dear Residents and Families,
We remain committed to providing updates to our residents, families, and staff at AgeCare. As such, we are providing weekly updates to keep you all informed on what is happening at our communities and organization-wide.
This weekly update includes:
- British Columbia’s Restart Plan Step 3 – Understanding the third step in the four-step plan to return to pre-pandemic life.
- Harmony Court Estate Visitation Guidelines – Information for Independent Living residents and families.
- Care Centre Visitation Guidelines – Information on how to have a safe visit with your Care Centre loved one.
- Recreation & Activities - An update on our recreation and activities as the need to stay active, intellectually stimulated, and socially connected never ends.
- Weekly Shout Out - Sharing good news stories and gratitude for our residents, staff and community.
Thank you all for your continued support.
Harmony Court Estate & Care Centre
British Columbia’s Restart Plan: Step 3
On July 1st, BC will move to Step 3 of the 4 step reopening plan. The criteria for moving to Step 3 is at least 70% of the 18+ population vaccinated with dose 1, along with low case counts and declining COVID-19 hospitalizations.
Under Step 3, here are some new things you can do:
- Return to usual for indoor and outdoor gatherings.
- No limit for indoor or outdoor dining
- Interprovincial travel is allowed.
- Continuing Care communities may be required to keep certain COVID-19 protocols in place. Will will communicate any changes with you.
- Physical distancing and masks are encouraged in public indoor settings
- If you or anyone in your family feels sick stay home and get tested immediately
Harmony Court Estate Visitation Guidelines
It has been so wonderful to see so many visitors to our communities once again. Thank you to everyone who has booked a visit and followed all of the guidelines – your dedication to keeping our communities safe and COVID-free is very appreciated.
Guidelines to ensure a safe visit
- All visits must be booked in advance. Contact Dana or reception at 604-527-3300 or email@example.com
- Even the slightest symptom could be COVID-19. Be honest with how you are feeling - if you’re questioning a symptom, play it safe and stay home
- All visitors will be screened before entering the building
- Maximum of 2 adults and 1 child per visit
- One pet per visit is welcome provided that it is house trained, behaved, leashed, and shows no signs of illness
- Use all appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) during your visit and practice hand hygiene and physical distancing
- Given the increased risk around eating and drinking – no outside food or beverages are allowed during your indoor visits.
Indoor Visit - Resident Suites
- Timing: Between 8:00 am – 10:30 am and 3:30 pm – 7:00 pm to help with hallway traffic.
Indoor Visit - Glass Atrium
- Timing: 1-hour visits to allow for others to enjoy the space.
Outdoor Visit: Front of Building
- Timing: 1-hour visits to allow for others to enjoy the space
- Additional Note: 1 person per bench unless from the same household.
Harmony Court Care Centre Visitation Guidelines
As we continue to follow all public health measures, we want to take the time to remind you of some guidelines that are still in place.
Virtual VisitsTo book a virtual visit and window visits with your loved one, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (604) 527-3328 between 9:30 am to 3:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
Recreation & Activities
Our recreation team is working hard to create engaging activities that enrich the mind, body and spirit. We are taking a measured, phased approach to recreation activities. Each week we will be reassessing how these are going and make any adjustments that may be required.
In both Harmony Court Estate (Independent Living) and the Care Centre (Long Term Care), we are cohorting residents into groups. They may enjoy the activities with the same residents each time. All cohort recreation programs will involve no touching of each other or shared objects.
During all interactions, staff continue to practice exceptional hand hygiene, wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), and are using extreme diligence in enhanced cleaning and disinfecting procedures.
Download the Care Centre Calendars:
Download the Estate Activity Calendar:
This week we’re shouting out our beautiful outdoor spaces and the talented people that keep them looking great!
Thank you to our landscaping company 3D Scapes who do many things but you probably know their incredible work in the magnolia garden.
We also want to thank Seraphine our recreation aide, and our green-thumbed Care Centre residents who take such wonderful care of our Friendship garden.
Never has access to the outdoors been so important and we want to thank all of you for your hard work.
Keeping the grounds looking pristine while making sure residents and families can access these spaces is no easy feat but our skilled team is up for the challenge.
Thank you for making outdoor visits extra memorable!