Dear Residents and Families,
We remain committed to providing updates to our residents, families, and staff at AgeCare. As such, we are providing weekly updates to keep you all informed on what is happening at our communities and organization-wide.
- Returning to Normal: A message from Dr. Hasmukh Patel, AgeCare CEO & President.
- Resident and Family Survey – Our resident and family survey is launching next week
- Visitation Guidelines – All the information you need to ensure a safe visit.
- Recreation Calendars - Staying active, intellectually stimulated, and socially connected.
- Weekly Shout-Out – Celebrate the great work and activities happening at our AgeCare communities.
We hope these weekly updates helpful. Thank you all for your continued support.
AgeCare CommunicationsReturning to Normal
March 2020 is a time we will never forget. It feels so long ago, and yet much of the uncertainty and worry still lingers today. As the province begins to open up, I have heard from so many people… Is this it? Are things back to normal?
It is because of the dedication of people like you who have followed the public health guidelines and received their vaccinations that we can even begin to ask this question. For the past 18 months, you have been asked to pause your plans, change how you socialize, alter your behaviour and more – all in the name of the greater good. You have answered the call, and because of this, yes, we can start returning to normal.
As Alberta lifts all restrictions on July 1st, continuing care facilities will continue to follow COVID-19 orders. While all of our hard work has helped drive COVID-19 down, it is not gone for good. Thanks to vaccinations, the chances of serious illness and death in COVID-19 positive individuals are low, but we must still strive to keep each other safe in the face of known and unknown variants. I encourage you to book your vaccination if you have not done so already – vaccinations are the best weapon against COVID-19 and proving to be safe and effective across the globe.
How will we balance returning to normal while continuing to live with COVID-19? I’m proud to say that our team has been working diligently and creatively to answer that question. You will start to notice our communities beginning to look and feel how they did before the pandemic. Please take comfort in knowing every change is intentional and driven by keeping our communities safe while honouring what makes them great.
I want to thank you for getting us to this moment. No one has had to sacrifice more than residents and their loved ones. Thank you for your commitment to keeping our communities safe. Thank you for your flexibility to changes with orders, guidelines and protocols. Thank you for your trust while we navigated this pandemic together.
Dr. Hasmukh Patel
AgeCare CEO & President
Resident and Family Survey
The 2021 Resident & Family Survey is open! Don’t miss the opportunity to tell us about your experience at our AgeCare Communities.
On the survey, you’ll find questions about your experience with AgeCare. Your feedback will be completely anonymous and will help us improve the life of someone who truly matters - you or your loved one. If you are a resident or designated person for a resident, check your inbox for your link to the survey.
Thank you to everyone who has booked a visit and followed all of the guidelines – your dedication to keeping our communities safe and COVID-free is very appreciated.
- Continuous masking is required for ALL visitors while inside the community. Masks are not required for children under 2 years of age.
- All visitors must understand the risk of unknown exposure for themselves and residents and assess health before visits.
- All visits must be booked in advance and during reception hours to ensure staff can provide a health screening.
- Visitors must be screened if the visit is inside or you need to enter the building to reach the outdoor visit space.
- Rapid Antigen Screening is available for visitors at all sites. All visitors are encouraged to be screened for COVID-19 when possible. View RAS Clinic hours.
- Visitors must follow all safe visiting practices and COVID-19 protocols. Visits may be refused if a visitor is not abiding by their responsibilities.
- Consider the weather. As we move to warmer days, don’t forget sunscreen for you and your loved ones. Covered outdoor spaces are not possible at many of our communities, so consider bringing an umbrella or hat for visits.
Download our NEW Guides
- Designated Family Support Visits Guide (pdf)
- Indoor Social Visits Guide (pdf)
- Outdoor Visits Guide (pdf)
As we return to our pre-pandemic lives, we are encouraging in-person visitation when possible. Virtual Visits will still be available but we ask that they be reserved for those who cannot visit in person. Contact your AgeCare community for more information.
Our recreation team is working hard to create engaging activities that enrich the mind, body and spirit while reducing the risk of transmission and having the least impact on resident well-being.
At this time, recreation activities will be held in individual neighbourhoods where possible and in larger spaces. This is to ensure that all participants can maintain physical distancing.
View the July Recreation Calendar for your AgeCare Community:
Weekly Shout Out
This week we’re shouting out our beautiful outdoor spaces!
Never has access to the outdoors been so important and we want to thank the incredible teams that take care of our grounds, gardens and outdoor spaces.
If you’ve had an outdoor visit you know how incredible these areas are. Keeping the grounds looking pristine while making sure residents and families can access these spaces is no easy feat but our skilled volunteers and gardeners are up for the challenge.
Thank you for making outdoor visits extra memorable!