Dear Residents and Families,
We remain committed to providing updates to our residents, families, and staff at AgeCare. As such, we are providing weekly updates to keep you all informed on what is happening at our communities and organization-wide.
- Invitation to Resident & Family Telephone Town Hall: Join Dr. Deena Hinshaw and Alberta Health Services to discuss the planned approach and proposed timing of lifting public health requirements in continuing care.
- Personal Protection Equipment – An update of the use of Personal Protection Equipment at our communities.
- Visitation Guidelines – All the information you need to ensure a safe visit.
- Recreation Calendars - Staying active, intellectually stimulated, and socially connected.
- Weekly Shout-Out – Celebrate the great work and activities happening at our AgeCare communities.
We hope these weekly updates helpful. Thank you all for your continued support.
Invitation to Alberta Health Services Telephone Town Hall
We have been asked by Alberta Health to share the following invite to attend a Telephone Town Hall with Deena Hinshaw, Chief Medical Officer of Health, and Alberta Health Services (AHS) to discuss the planned approach and proposed timing of lifting public health requirements. Your feedback on the planned approach to lifting the public health restrictions in continuing care is needed.
Register by clicking the link below for the session that works best for you. Pre-registration for the events end 3 hours before each session:
- Tue, June 29th from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM Click to Register
- Wed, June 30th from 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM Click to Register
- Wed, June 30th from 4:30 PM to 5:30 PM Click to Register
Personal Protection Equipment
As provincial restrictions lift, it may be confusing to keep track of which personal protection equipment (PPE) should be worn where and when.
To simplify and uphold the high standard of safety for residents and staff, AgeCare will maintain continuous masking for everyone while inside the community. Staff will also continue to wear eye protection. We will re-evaluate our PPE policies with the guidance of Public Health over the next few weeks.
Thank you for your support and willingness to continue to follow guidelines to keep everyone safe.
Thank you to everyone who has booked a visit and followed all of the guidelines – your dedication to keeping our communities safe and COVID-free is very appreciated.
- Continuous masking is required for ALL visitors while inside the community. Masks are not required for children under 2 years of age.
- All visitors must understand the risk of unknown exposure for themselves and residents and assess health before visits.
- All visits must be booked in advance and during reception hours to ensure staff can provide a health screening.
- Visitors must be screened if the visit is inside or you need to enter the building to reach the outdoor visit space.
- Rapid Antigen Screening is available for visitors at all sites. All visitors are encouraged to be screened for COVID-19 when possible. View RAS Clinic hours.
- Visitors must follow all safe visiting practices and COVID-19 protocols. Visits may be refused if a visitor is not abiding by their responsibilities.
- Consider the weather. As we move to warmer days, don’t forget sunscreen for you and your loved ones. Covered outdoor spaces are not possible at many of our communities, so consider bringing an umbrella or hat for visits.
Download our NEW Guides
- Designated Family Support Visits Guide (pdf)
- Indoor Social Visits Guide (pdf)
- Outdoor Visits Guide (pdf)
As we return to our pre-pandemic lives, we are encouraging in-person visitation when possible. Virtual Visits will still be available but we ask that they be reserved for those who cannot visit in person. Contact your AgeCare community for more information.
Our recreation team is working hard to create engaging activities that enrich the mind, body and spirit while reducing the risk of transmission and having the least impact on resident well-being.
At this time, recreation activities will be held in individual neighbourhoods where possible and in larger spaces. This is to ensure that all participants can maintain physical distancing.
View the June Recreation Calendar for your AgeCare Community:
- AgeCare Columbia
- AgeCare Glenmore
- AgeCare Midnapore
- AgeCare Orchard Manor
- AgeCare Sagewood
- AgeCare Seton
- AgeCare Skypointe
- AgeCare Sunrise Gardens
- AgeCare Valleyview
- AgeCare Walden Heights
Weekly Shout Out
It’s hard to believe that one year ago the doors of AgeCare Skypointe Hospice opened. This week we are shouting out this beautiful milestone.
Staff celebrated this anniversary with decorations and treats with residents and their families.
AgeCare Skypointe Hospice is a unique community that offers high-quality, compassionate, person-centred care in a culturally rich and diverse community. We are so proud of this one-of-a-kind community.
Happy 1st Anniversary!