Dear Residents and Families,
We remain committed to providing updates to our residents, families, and staff at AgeCare. As such, we are providing weekly updates to keep you all informed on what is happening at our communities and organization-wide.
This weekly update includes:
- Staying safe this long weekend – You can protect your loved ones by following the provincial guidelines.
- Visitation Guidelines – Information on how to have a safe visit with your Care Centre loved one.
- Recreation & Activities - An update on our recreation and activities as the need to stay active, intellectually stimulated, and socially connected never ends.
- Weekly Shout Out - Sharing good news stories and gratitude for our residents, staff, and community.
Thank you all for your continued support.
Harmony Court Estate & Care Centre
Staying safe this long weekend
Stay Close to Home: Victoria Day long weekend might make it tempting to jump in the car and head somewhere with your family, but it is mandatory that you stay within your designated travel region. Travel into and out of the regions for non-essential reasons is not allowed and is now prohibited by law. Periodic road checks may be set up at key travel corridors to remind travellers of this restriction.
No Indoor Gatherings: While you can continue to visit with your loved ones at our communities following the guidelines below – please remember that all offsite indoor gatherings are still restricted. Gathering outdoors is permitted for up to TEN people at including children.
Everyone must follow the public health restrictions – even those who are vaccinated. As more and more British Columbians are vaccinated, the urge to bend the rules is understandable. While vaccines are very effective, we have still seen fully vaccinated individuals get and spread COVID-19 to others. We are close to returning to our pre-pandemic lives, but we must be diligent in following restrictions for a little while longer.
Visitation Guideline - Harmony Court Care Centre
As we continue to follow all public health measures, we want to take the time to remind you of some guidelines that are still in place.
Before you visit:
- Even the slightest symptom could be COVID-19. Be honest with how you are feeling - if you’re questioning a symptom, play it safe and stay home.
- If you are taking a resident on an outing, please remember to follow all public health measures like restrictions on gathering indoors. These are not dependent on vaccination status.
- Make sure you use all appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) during your visit and practice physical distancing.
- Given the increased risk around eating and drinking – no outside food or beverages are allowed during your indoor visits.
Download our Social, Essential, and Community Outings Visit Guides (PDFs) for details and booking hours to ensure a safe and stress-free visit.
As provincial COVID-19 cases continue to rise, we ask that all visitors review and consider their own need to visit their loved ones in person. We encourage friends and family to take advantage of our virtual and window visits.To book a virtual visit and window visits with your loved one, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (604) 527-3328 between 9:30 am to 3:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
Recreation & Activities
Our recreation team is working hard to create engaging activities that enrich the mind, body and spirit. We are taking a measured, phased approach to recreation activities. Each week we will be reassessing how these are going and make any adjustments that may be required.
In both Harmony Court Estate (Independent Living) and the Care Centre (Long Term Care), we are cohorting residents into groups. They may enjoy the activities with the same residents each time. All cohort recreation programs will involve no touching of each other or shared objects.
During all interactions, staff continue to practice exceptional hand hygiene, wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), and are using extreme diligence in enhanced cleaning and disinfecting procedures.
Download the Care Centre Programs:Rosewood Calendar
Download the Estate Activity Calendar:Harmony Court Estate Calendar
We are very excited to welcome back Chaplain Dan!
Last week, Chaplin Dan gave an inspirational service outside in our Courtyard. We are pleased to share that he will be returning twice a month - weather permitting - for the Estate and Care residents to enjoy a service.
Thank you, Chaplain Dan!