Dear Residents and Families,
We remain committed to providing updates to our residents, families, and staff at AgeCare. As such, we are providing weekly updates to keep you all informed on what is happening at our communities and organization-wide.
This weekly update includes:
- COVID-19 Vaccination Second Doses – Information on the importance of getting your second dose.
- Harmony Court Estate Visitation Guidelines – Information for Independent Living residents and families.
- Care Centre Visitation Guidelines – Information on how to have a safe visit with your Care Centre loved one.
- Recreation & Activities - An update on our recreation and activities as the need to stay active, intellectually stimulated, and socially connected never ends.
- Weekly Shout Out - Sharing good news stories and gratitude for our residents, staff and community.
Thank you all for your continued support.
Harmony Court Estate & Care Centre
COVID-19 Vaccination Second Doses
While most residents and staff are fully vaccinated we wanted to take the time to talk about the importance of everyone receiving the second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Second doses are critical in protecting you against COVID-19. While a single dose of vaccine offers at least 80 percent protection against severe outcomes, including hospitalization and death, the second dose provides further protection and, most importantly, provides long-lasting protection against the virus. As we see different variants become dominant, vaccination is our best protection against COVID-19. All approved vaccines have shown effectiveness against know variants.
Approximately 8 weeks after your first dose, you will get an invitation by text, email or phone call to book your second dose appointment.
Invitations will be sent to people according to when they received their first dose. For example, if you had your first dose in early June, you'll get invited to book an appointment in late July.
Like your first appointment, you'll select a location, date and time. You must have an appointment before you arrive at a clinic.
Booking invitations are sent from the Get Vaccinated provincial registration system. You must be registered with the system to get an invitation.
If you are missing your second dose booking invitation, you must register with the system once. >> Learn more
mRNA vaccine availability and choice
Both the Pfizer and Moderna mRNA vaccines are effectively interchangeable and are safe to mix.
If you can't remember what vaccine you got as your first dose or the date of your first dose appointment, you can check on your immunization record card or online immunization record through Health Gateway.
AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD availability and choice
You can pick either the AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD or an mRNA vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) for your second dose. There are no safety concerns if you want to get the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine as your second dose.
Before making your decision, we recommend you review information on second dose vaccine choice from the BCCDC.
Click here for more information on the COVID-19 Vaccine and booking information.
Harmony Court Estate Visitation Guidelines
It has been so wonderful to see so many visitors to our communities once again. Thank you to everyone who has booked a visit and followed all of the guidelines – your dedication to keeping our communities safe and COVID-free is very appreciated.
Guidelines to ensure a safe visit
- All visits must be booked in advance. Contact Dana or reception at 604-527-3300 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Even the slightest symptom could be COVID-19. Be honest with how you are feeling - if you’re questioning a symptom, play it safe and stay home
- All visitors will be screened before entering the building
- Maximum of 2 adults and 1 child per visit
- One pet per visit is welcome provided that it is house trained, behaved, leashed, and shows no signs of illness
- Use all appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) during your visit and practice hand hygiene and physical distancing
- Given the increased risk around eating and drinking – no outside food or beverages are allowed during your indoor visits.
Indoor Visit - Resident Suites
- Timing: Between 8:00 am – 10:30 am and 3:30 pm – 7:00 pm to help with hallway traffic.
Indoor Visit - Glass Atrium
- Timing: 1-hour visits to allow for others to enjoy the space.
Outdoor Visit: Front of Building
- Timing: 1-hour visits to allow for others to enjoy the space
- Additional Note: 1 person per bench unless from the same household.
Harmony Court Care Centre Visitation Guidelines
As we continue to follow all public health measures, we want to take the time to remind you of some guidelines that are still in place.
Download our Social, Essential, and Community Outings Visit Guides (PDFs) for details and booking hours to ensure a safe and stress-free visit.
Virtual VisitsTo book a virtual visit and window visits with your loved one, contact email@example.com or (604) 527-3328 between 9:30 am to 3:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
Recreation & Activities
Our recreation team is working hard to create engaging activities that enrich the mind, body and spirit. We are taking a measured, phased approach to recreation activities. Each week we will be reassessing how these are going and make any adjustments that may be required.
In both Harmony Court Estate (Independent Living) and the Care Centre (Long Term Care), we are cohorting residents into groups. They may enjoy the activities with the same residents each time. All cohort recreation programs will involve no touching of each other or shared objects.
During all interactions, staff continue to practice exceptional hand hygiene, wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), and are using extreme diligence in enhanced cleaning and disinfecting procedures.
Download the Care Centre Calendars:
Download the Estate Activity Calendar:
As we move towards our return to normal we wanted to shout-out to our residents and their families for your support and kind words during these challenging times. Many have expressed gratitude and support for our amazing staff, and for that kindness, we thank you.
We took quotes from families and residents over the past couple of months to showcase the most common words and themes that connect us during this time. Here are just a few of the kind words that have been shared:
"Your team is so helpful during video calls with my mom."
"The extra work your staff have taken on and covered is a tremendous effort that should be recognized and appreciated on a regular basis, so thank you from the bottom of my heart."
"Thanks for your call –your calls really help to lift our spirits."