Dear Residents and Families,
We remain committed to providing updates to our residents, families, and staff at AgeCare. As such, we are providing weekly updates to keep you all informed on what is happening at our communities and organization-wide.
- COVID-19 Measures: With so many changes to COVID-19 restrictions what can you expect at our communities and other continuing care facilities.
- Resident and Family Survey – Our resident and family survey is launching next week
- Visitation Guidelines – Don’t miss your chance to provide valuable feedback
- Recreation Calendars - Staying active, intellectually stimulated, and socially connected.
- Weekly Shout-Out – Celebrate the great work and activities happening at our AgeCare communities.
We hope these weekly updates helpful. Thank you all for your continued support.
AgeCare CommunicationsCOVID-19 Measures
On July 1st, Alberta entered into Stage 3 of the Open for Summer Plan.
Alberta’s move to Stage 3 does not change requirements in the existing public health orders for licensed supportive living, long-term care and hospice settings. Stage 3 will impact activities off-site, but existing on-site restrictions will remain in place at this time.
Thank you to residents and families who participated in the telephone town hall with Dr. Deena Hinshaw. Your feedback and responses will help shape the recommendations of Alberta Health going forward. While those decisions are still being made by Alberta Health, we would like to remind you of a few guidelines still in place at our AgeCare Communities.
- When entering, visitors must be screened and follow ALL safe visiting practices and COVID19 protocols.
- Continuous masking is required while inside the community. Masks are not required for children under 2 years of age.
- If Designated Family Support Persons visiting are from different households, physical distancing is required.
- Indoor Social Visitors MUST be from the same household (up to FIVE people including the resident).
- Rapid Antigen Screening is available for visitors at all sites. All visitors are encouraged to be screened for COVID-19 when possible. View RAS Clinic hours.
Resident and Family Survey
The 2021 Resident & Family Survey is open! Don’t miss the opportunity to tell us about your experience at our AgeCare Communities.
On the survey, you’ll find questions about your experience with AgeCare. Your feedback will be completely anonymous and will help us improve the life of someone who truly matters - you or your loved one. If you are a resident or designated person for a resident, check your inbox for your link to the survey.
Thank you to everyone who has booked a visit and followed all of the guidelines – your dedication to keeping our communities safe and COVID-free is very appreciated.
- All visits must be booked in advance and during reception hours to ensure staff can provide a health screening.
- Visitors must be screened if the visit is inside or you need to enter the building to reach the outdoor visit space.
- Visitors must follow all safe visiting practices and COVID-19 protocols. Visits may be refused if a visitor is not abiding by their responsibilities.
- Consider the weather. As we move to warmer days, don’t forget sunscreen for you and your loved ones. Covered outdoor spaces are not possible at many of our communities, so consider bringing an umbrella or hat for visits.
Download our NEW Guides
- Designated Family Support Visits Guide (pdf)
- Indoor Social Visits Guide (pdf)
- Outdoor Visits Guide (pdf)
As we return to our pre-pandemic lives, we are encouraging in-person visitation when possible. Virtual Visits will still be available but we ask that they be reserved for those who cannot visit in person. Contact your AgeCare community for more information.
Our recreation team is working hard to create engaging activities that enrich the mind, body and spirit while reducing the risk of transmission and having the least impact on resident well-being.
At this time, recreation activities will be held in individual neighbourhoods where possible and in larger spaces. This is to ensure that all participants can maintain physical distancing.
View the July Recreation Calendar for your AgeCare Community:
Weekly Shout Out
This week we’re shouting out our little friends from KidsU!
Once again we were thrilled to welcome the children and their care providers to AgeCare Walden Heights for window visits.
This time, residents enjoyed playing window tic-tak-toe with the children – what a fun way to visit safely!
Thank you to the KidsU team and the parents for helping to make this uplifting visit possible!