Dear Residents and Families,
We remain committed to providing updates to our residents, families, and staff at AgeCare. As such, we are providing weekly updates to keep you all informed on what is happening at our communities and organization-wide.
This weekly update includes:
- Harmony Court Estate – Community Updates and Visitation Guidelines – Information for Independent Living residents and families.
- Care Centre Visitation Guidelines – Information on how to have a safe visit with your Care Centre loved one.
- Recreation & Activities - An update on our recreation and activities as the need to stay active, intellectually stimulated, and socially connected never ends.
- Weekly Shout Out - Sharing good news stories and gratitude for our residents, staff and community.
Thank you all for your continued support.
Harmony Court Estate & Care Centre
Harmony Court Estate – Community Updates and Visitation Guidelines
We are pleased to share that Fraser Health has scheduled the Second Dose Vaccine Clinic at AgeCare Harmony Court for Wednesday, June 9, 2021!
Second doses are critical in protecting against COVID-19. While a single dose of vaccine offers at least 80 percent protection against severe outcomes, including hospitalization and death, the second dose provides further protection and, most importantly, provides long-lasting protection against the virus.
As British Columbia moves towards Step 1 in the Restart Plan, we are beginning to plan and work towards opening up some much-missed spaces like our fitness room, library and games centre. We will announce more details as soon as we can.
Thank you for your patience around visitation. We are so happy to share that we can now accept bookings for visitors to come and visit their loved ones in their suites, indoors in the glass atrium area or outside of our building.
Guidelines to ensure a safe visit
- All visits must be booked in advance. Contact Dana or reception at 604-527-3300 or email@example.com
- Even the slightest symptom could be COVID-19. Be honest with how you are feeling - if you’re questioning a symptom, play it safe and stay home
- All visitors will be screened before entering the building
- Maximum of 2 adults and 1 child per visit
- One pet per visit is welcome provided that it is house trained, behaved, leashed, and shows no signs of illness
- Use all appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) during your visit and practice hand hygiene and physical distancing
- Given the increased risk around eating and drinking – no outside food or beverages are allowed during your indoor visits.
Indoor Visit - Resident Suites
- Timing: Between 8:00 am – 10:30 am and 3:30 pm – 7:00 pm to help with hallway traffic.
Indoor Visit - Glass Atrium
- Timing: 1-hour visits to allow for others to enjoy the space.
Outdoor Visit: Front of Building
- Timing: 1-hour visits to allow for others to enjoy the space
- Additional Note: 1 person per bench unless from the same household.
Visitation Guideline - Harmony Court Care Centre
As we continue to follow all public health measures, we want to take the time to remind you of some guidelines that are still in place.
Download our Social, Essential, and Community Outings Visit Guides (PDFs) for details and booking hours to ensure a safe and stress-free visit.
Virtual VisitsTo book a virtual visit and window visits with your loved one, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (604) 527-3328 between 9:30 am to 3:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
Recreation & Activities
Our recreation team is working hard to create engaging activities that enrich the mind, body and spirit. We are taking a measured, phased approach to recreation activities. Each week we will be reassessing how these are going and make any adjustments that may be required.
In both Harmony Court Estate (Independent Living) and the Care Centre (Long Term Care), we are cohorting residents into groups. They may enjoy the activities with the same residents each time. All cohort recreation programs will involve no touching of each other or shared objects.
During all interactions, staff continue to practice exceptional hand hygiene, wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), and are using extreme diligence in enhanced cleaning and disinfecting procedures.
Download the Care Centre Programs:Rosewood Calendar
Download the Estate Activity Calendar:Harmony Court Estate Calendar
This week, we were so excited to welcome back our outdoor concerts!
These weekly concerts will occur every Tuesday for Estate residents and every Thursday for Care Centre residents – weather permitting.
A huge shout-out to everyone who helped organize these special concerts as well as our roster of incredibly talented musicians.
We can’t wait for you to see and hear what they have in store all summer long!