Dear Residents and Families,
We remain committed to providing updates to our residents, families, and staff at AgeCare. As such, we are providing weekly updates to keep you all informed on what is happening at our communities and organization-wide.
This weekly update includes:
- Proof of Vaccination – Information on the upcoming proof and vaccination requirement.
Visitation Guidelines – How to stay safe during your visits
Recreation & Activities - An update on our recreation and activities as the need to stay active, intellectually stimulated, and socially connected never ends.
Weekly Shout Out - Sharing good news stories and gratitude for our residents, staff and community.
Thank you all for your continued support.
Harmony Court Estate & Care Centre
Proof of Vaccination
Starting September 13th, you must have at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine to access some events, services and businesses. You must be fully vaccinated by October 24th to keep that access.
The requirement applies to all people born in 2009 or earlier (12+) and covers:
- Indoor ticketed concerts, theatre, dance, symphony and sporting events
- Indoor and outdoor dining at restaurants, pubs and bars
- Nightclubs and casinos
- Movie theatres
- Gyms, pools and recreation facilities
- Does not include youth recreational sport
- Indoor high-intensity group exercise
- Indoor organized gatherings like weddings, parties, conferences, meetings and workshops
- Indoor organized group recreational classes and activities like pottery and art
- Does not include K to 12 schools and before and after school programs
Events, businesses and services will ask to see your proof of vaccination and valid government ID.
Coming soon: B.C.'s vaccine card
You'll be able to show your proof of vaccination easily using the B.C. vaccine card website.
The secure website will be available for September 13 and will provide confidential access to your proof of vaccination.
You'll be able to save your vaccine card to your smartphone and show it when accessing events, services and businesses. A secure paper option will also be available for September 13.
To access your B.C. vaccine card, you'll need to provide:
- Date of birth
- Personal Health Number (PHN)
>> Learn more about B.C.’s vaccine card and how to get ready for September 13th
Harmony Court Care Centre Visitation Guidelines
It is no longer a requirement to pre-book your visits with a resident in the care centre. Any scheduled visits that are booked on or after the 19th are no longer required, however, You are welcome to still come at those times as the hours are still within the new visiting hours.
It is strongly recommended that long-term care visitors are fully vaccinated with two doses (the second dose received a minimum of two weeks prior).
- Must wear a medical mask in all indoor public/common areas, including to and from the resident’s room.
- Can remove mask while visiting the resident in their suite or designated area.
Not Immunized or Partially Immunized
- Must wear a medical mask at all times, including visiting with the resident in their suite or indoor public/common areas.
To allow for screening, visiting hours are:
Monday through Sunday
9:30 am to 12:00 pm
1:30 pm to 5:00 pm
6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
- Visits can occur in the resident’s suite, designated areas, or outside.
- Whenever possible, residents residing in shared suites-(semi-private), visits should occur in a designated area or outside. If the visit is occurring in a shared suite, the number of visitors may be limited to maintain physical distance from the other residents.
For more information download our updated Visitation Guidelines
When entering, visitors must be screened and follow ALL safe visiting practices and COVID-19 protocols.
Harmony Court Estate Visitation Guidelines
There is a strong recommendation that all visitors be fully immunized - two doses with the second dose received a minimum of two weeks prior.
There are no additional requirements or restrictions around Estate visitation. We ask that all visitors continue to follow all public health guidance.
We are encouraging in-person visitation when possible. Virtual Visits will still be available, but we ask that they be reserved for those who cannot visit in person. To book a virtual visit and window visits with your loved one, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (604) 527-3328 between 9:30 am to 3:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
Recreation & Activities
Our recreation team is working hard to create engaging activities that enrich the mind, body and spirit. We are continuously looking for ways to reduce the risk of transmission while having the least impact on resident well-being.
Download the Care Centre Calendars:
Download the Estate Activity Calendar:
Once again AgeCare Harmony Court was feeling the beach holiday vibes! Our Estate residents enjoyed a tropical-themed day with special décor, food and entertainment.